ill wait for a video that i can actually watch
Still, it their resources...they can set their prices when push comes to shove. Don't fool yourself..I know how that market works. BUT, let's put it like this...let's say I have food and you have none..but you have a big ol rolex watch on your arm. I tell you the only way you get a bite of anything if if you give me that rolex. I tell you I don't want money for my food..just that rolex. Once you get hungry enough, If I am the only person who can ensure your survival you'll trade me that rolex for a hamburger....even if it is worth 6,000 hamburgers.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
ill wait for a video that i can actually watch
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still, it their resources...they can set their prices when push comes to shove. Don't fool yourself..I know how that market works. BUT, let's put it like this...let's say I have food and you have none..but you have a big ol rolex watch on your arm. I tell you the only way you get a bite of anything if if you give me that rolex. I tell you I don't want money for my food..just that rolex. Once you get hungry enough, If I am the only person who can ensure your survival you'll trade me that rolex for a hamburger.... </div></div>
in theory its a great idea.......but the problem is we arent a major producer
im order to keep getting enough of a supply from those major producers we have to play the game the way the rest of them do
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
Don't sit there and tell me that the US isn't a MAJOR provider of food to the world. Hell far, we have battleships sitting off the coast of Myramar right now with enough food to feed a million. We can practically feed the world..and practically do.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
we arent a major provider of oil
thats why we have to play the game the major providers tell us to play or we are ass out
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
No but we play a vital role in their lives as they know it...and we can use leverage to get what we need as well. BTW, we've had the solution since 2000..but have failed to implement it http://www.whprp.org/NLE/CRS/abstract.cfm?NLEid=1195
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No but we play a vital role in their lives as they know it...and we can use leverage to get what we need as well. BTW, we've had the solution since 2000..but have failed to implement it http://www.whprp.org/NLE/CRS/abstract.cfm?NLEid=1195 </div></div>
use leverage to do what?
these countries dont set the prices the market does
do you cant threaten to withhold goods from them over pricing because they are not responsible for oil prices
but what that would do is piss them off where they would tell us that they arent selling their oil to us.......which would cause the market to take prices even higher knowing that (insert country) has taken their product off the market for us
not only is it illogical but it would be counter productive to do that
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
Let em do so...and find their aid elsewhere...Regardless of how the prices are set..when they can't get what they need, the metaphor of the rolex watch becomes reality. I'm sure that if push comes to shove our country can survive...the same can't be said for some of these places whose only profitable resource is oil.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
how would we be able to survive when we import as much of our oil as we do?
what you are saying logically doesnt make any sense
its not feasible
alot of these countries most profitable resource is oil.......true
however with no oil......and thus no gas......how do we survive?
how do we put trucks on the road to ship food?
how do people commute to work to keep our economy and the world economy going?
how would a large portion of the country heat their homes?
what you are overlooking is how much we rely on oil to make this country go
as much as you think its that to do.......it is
what you are saying has no logic behind it
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
After a sharp slump in the wake of the U.S.-led 2003 invasion, ministry spokesman Assem Jihad said Iraq"s average production was up to 2.4 million barrels per day in November. Exports stood atabout 1.9 million barrels per day and sold at an average price of $83.87 per barrel.
The new production figures came on a day when world oil prices topped $100 a barrel for the first time.
Since 2003, Iraqi production has mostly hovered between 1.7 million and 2 million barrels per day, according to the International Energy Agency. Prewar production was 2.58 million barrels per day.
Mr. Jihad added that the exports had grossed $4.94 billion in November, which made up more than 90 percent of Iraq"s revenue.
"The ministry"s ambition is to increase the production to more than 3 million [barrels per day] by the end of 2008 and to pass the national oil law, which will enable us to draw foreign investment to our oil resources," he said.
He added that resuming oil shipments through a pipeline from Iraq"s Kirkuk oil fields into the Turkish Ceyhan export...
http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/...810298596/1003
Would you like to talk about the .7 million barrels a day Iraq has been short since the war?
And these are a little old 2002
Reserves (bb) Production (bb/year) R/P (years) Producing wells Production (barrels/well/day)
Canada 180 0.80 225 54061 41
China 18 1.24 15 72255 47
Iran 90 1.26 71 1120 3080
Iraq 112 0.74 152 1685 1204
Kuwait 94 0.58 162 790 2025
Norway 10 1.15 9 833 3782
Russia 60 2.70 22 41192 179
Saudi Arabia 259 2.69 96 1560 4730
U.S. 22 2.11 10 521070 11
Venezuela 78 0.88 88 15395 157
http://planetforlife.com/oilcrisis/oilproduction.html
And without opening the west and coasts the US will soon be out, however we have a HALF a MILLION wells drilled, and we all remember Bush handing out the tax money for searching . The US is 3rd in the world . In oil production. Without the western oil that is already permitted (which won't be classified as coming from a well), without the coast and gulf or Alaska. Keep your hand crammed in the Prof's butt or the sand. This about where the founding fathers started shooting people. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
Bookmarks